Thursday, July 10, 2014

Watching Rocket Launches from the Farm



Click the link to see the video of
NASA loading the rocket for launch
on Saturday, July 12th.

Okay, I'm a hopeless space geek.
I was raised close enough to 'Canaveral' to see the moon launches streak up into the sky before we ran inside to watch the rest on TV.

I follow Neil deGrasse Tyson on Facebook.  
I'm still in love with Carl Sagan.  
I'm a hoopy frood who knows where her towel is. 
(Only Douglas Adams fans need apply!) 

And I'm still sooo excited whenever I can watch a rocket launch from our back acres.  
Or front acres. 

NASA Wallops Island.  
Most space fun ever had on a small Virginia farm.

1 comment:

  1. Phoo... we listened to the entire countdown (via Ustream.com NASA-Wallops) and dashed outside, breathless with anticipation. Launch went up - we could hear the cheers through the iPad and happy voices of success from Mission Control but - dang! - not a bit of siting here. First one that we haven't been able to see clearly. Apparently there was enough haze that we just couldn't pick up the contrail from this far away. Night launches are the best - true that!

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.