Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's All About Eating Plants!

As some of you know - or maybe not -  I've been working my way toward a "plant-based" lifestyle the last couple of years, accelerated recently by a direct command from my cardiologist.

Let me just say right now that 
I never intended to HAVE a cardiologist 
and I intend NOT to have one as soon as possible.

Since two of my twin passions are gardening and self-sufficiency, this plant-based (vegan) lifestyle makes a great deal of sense to me.  After all, growing vegetables and fruits is what I do - for a living, for a hobby, for relaxation. Well,  I "grow" animals - my beloved chickens - but, heavens!  Not to EAT!  <laughing to herself>  And, okay, we've been eating their eggs, but that may be about to change.

So, I gathered up an armload of veggie cookbooks, veggie lifestyle advice books and stacked up a ready reference of veggie websites.  So much to consider!  So much to absorb!

Or, is it?  I found this illustration on http://www.guidetoveganliving.org.uk/  and I had to laugh.  Here it is, friends:

Remind me not to make life more complicated than I need to, okay???

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.