Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Green or Black Gardening Tools? Really?

Who on earth had the bright idea of making gardening tools green?
Obviously, this designer was no gardener.
Do you think I can find my favorite black handled trowel?
Where ever it landed in the piles of weeds and dirt......
Or my nifty green handled pruners?????

I mean really.  My Fiskars pruners get used all the time, not even really because I love them the most although they are decent pruners.
Nah.  It's because they have RED handles and I can FIND them.

You can bet that if I'm wading into underbrush, armed with those trusty long-handled loppers, and they have GREEN handles.... I'm a-gonna lose those loppers before the brush whacking is done. I'll set them down in a sea of whacked branches and then... and then....

<sigh>

4 comments:

  1. No kidding! I lose tools not only at home, but at work, too (I delineate wetlands). My latest loss was a 4-foot tall soil auger. My most expensive, a camera. Why on earth are all camera cases black or dark blue??? Small items like compasses (and now cameras) are physically attached to my field vest with cords. I try to remember to wrap bright orange survey tape around tools, but it does break off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A reason i have never bought a camo colored wallet, or saw, or knife...well, you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, obviously never field-tested. Those beasts will be impossible to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potential solution: brightly colored (e.g. pink or yellow) duct tape!!!

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.