Monday, March 26, 2012

Signs of Spring!


I love redbud (Cercis canadensis) because the blooms last so long
and because the bees are mad for it every spring.
It positively vibrates with color and with bees!


Okay, this is not perhaps the single most outstanding weeping cherry tree
anyone has ever seen
BUT
only a few years ago, when I planted it,
it looked like a little chopstick.
So I am proud, proud of this baby!


This is the Electric Green new foliage on the Panache fig
out front along the fence.  It's such a nice tree
and the new foliage is absolutely INTENSE in its green-ness.

So not much constructive gardening is getting done - 
I could start rice paddies between the house and the barn.
But, my, I'm enjoying the brilliant, rain-washed colors!

1 comment:

  1. Sybil, spring and fall are my favorite times of year. Your great photos definitely confirm that. Green foliage and colorful flowers are tough to beat after a grey winter.

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.