Monday, February 7, 2011

One - count 'em - Spring Day!


Just a few of this year's catalog offerings!
 Okay!  One spring-like day and I'm insanely flipping through seed catalogs to find my new experiments for this year.  I have so many seeds left from the last three years that there's not much to order - I need to use these saved seeds up first.  Am I the only one who finds way too many seeds in a packet?  For example, I get these fabulous packets from http://www.growitalian.com/ that have HUNDREDS of seeds in them. How many pepper plants do I need?  We need a neighborhood seed swap where each gardener could bring their excess seeds and get some seeds from various packets others have selected. It would be fun to see what varieties someone else was excited about!

1 comment:

  1. Sybil,
    I agree! I'm just across the water from you, but I'd drive down to the beach to swap seeds. Like you, I have far too many seeds of all variety. I usually only plant a few of each.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.