Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wind Power without Turbines, Blades or Towers?

Every month, something new and exciting develops in the alternative energy field.  This is my pick for this spring (to date) - wind power that doesn't require large tracts of land with big towers with spinning blades.  I'll admit that I've fallen in love with every wind field I've ever seen - I love any kind of kinetic sculpture, which is how the windmills seem to me - but I appreciate the huge costs and upkeep that these wind fields require.The debate continues as to just how dangerous to wildlife the typical wind "farm" really is, but - hey! - these engineers have come up with a simple, sensible, affordable solution to ALL of it!

Check it out!
NYT - Turbine Free Wind Power

spinning my wheels,
Sybil

No comments:

Post a Comment

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.