Friday, September 24, 2010

Who Could Resist This Face?

I'm taking the last of the youngster roosters to the Chicken Swap at the Tractor Supply Company in Gloucester this coming Saturday (9-25-10).  All three of the youngsters had to be evicted from my chicken coop and run after they ganged up and beat up my poor little golden  Buff Cochin bantam rooster, Mr. Chicken.  Two were eaten the first night by my resident as-yet-unseen predator.  One has been clever enough to escape being on the menu for three nights.  Tonight he'll go into an emergency side pen from whence he will be transported to Gloucester to (hopefullly) adoption by some kind soul at the chicken swap.

Meanwhile, I'm steeling myself -- take a look at what else is being brought to the swap by one of the members.  Anyone in the mood for pot-bellied pigs????

8 week old pot-bellied piglet seeks home

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You didn't bring him/her home?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, no. Unfortunately for the tiny Cutie Pie, I have up-close experience with the rather irritable, larger-than-expected, bristling adult version of the adorable thing in the photo. But cute? Ohhhhh, yes!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.