Monday, March 29, 2010

Kale and Roasted Vegetable Soup

Speaking of curly kale - I am going to be cheering up this very rainy, lazy day by using some of the lovely kale from the garden before the peacocks get their chance at it.  I'll be making this wonderful soup from the website simplyrecipes.com.  Great recipes and enough veggie fare to keep us vegetarians and flexitarians happy.  I've added the photo and link to their recipe page.  Kale and Roasted Vegetable Soup 

Delicious!  Enjoy the day,  Sybil

PS Every time I think of this newly minted term "flexitarian" for those of us who have moved to a mostly veggie diet with a few indulgences (although my wobbles off course are generally more due to laziness than indulgence), I have to chuckle over George Carlin's invention of the religion Frizbeetarianism - the belief that when you die, your soul flies up on top of the roof and gets stuck.   It also reminds me that there is a wealth of cookbooks featuring mostly meatless recipes at the Virginia Beach Public Library - well worth browsing for!

2 comments:

  1. Frizbeetarianism ...I love that!
    I think I am one.

    Looks like fabo soup.

    On another, but for me simliar note, when my darling familiar Grainne the Irish Terrier, went to 'the top of the roof' a number of years ago...she left her soft fabric frisbee behind. I still crunch my way through the leaves to her little plot and hang her frisbee back up on the garden stake that marks her spot...making sure her little spirit is always at the ready for a quick game of catch.

    ReplyDelete

The sharing of ideas, experience and helpful information between one gardener and another has always been the very best of gardening traditions.